17 December 2011

Welcome to Texas Banjo

Hey!  Thanks for stopping by.  I've got another blog running on a different topic but I thought that I'd put this one up as well.

I've been playing since - well, a long time ago.  Used to play BG and CH, but since a serious right arm injury in 1979, it's been only Clawhammer.  I went to school in Virginia and was stationed there for a while in the Marines.  While there, I actually met Tommy Jarrell and Kyle Creed and sat-in with them for a bit (those guys could really smoke the strings).

Back home in Texas, Bluegrass seems to be king and it's hard to find Old Time musicians to jam with.  I've just discovered jams are going on in Fayetteville and Huntsville and plan to join up with those folks once they start up again (Fayetteville in the Spring and Huntsville earlier than that).